I requested this CD for my birthday and my sister managed to find it at Wal-mart however obscure it is, I thought for sure she would have to go on the internet to get it. I ran across Ingrid Michaelson a few weeks prior to Christmas while perusing myspace pages and heard her song on someone's profile. It caught my attention and I wandered to her page to listen to more. I was instantly hooked and marked her as a friend so I could go back to it to listen to more. I must have listened to the songs posted on her page for DAYS. I could relate to just about everyone. Keep Breathing which is not on the album
Girls and Boys is however on the
Grey's Anatomy Season 3 Sound Track. One of my favorite songs on this album is Breakable the lyrics go as such, Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts/Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts/So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess/And to stop the muscle that makes us confess. Michaelson's music makes you think about life in a different way, and despite the sometimes slow melodies, her music is mostly upbeat, making it perfect for a relaxing soak in the tub, or in my case while doing homework. Overboard is another favorite of mine, it expresses how some women feel about being strong and independent (like myself) and then when that perfect guy comes along and sweeps us overboard, we never thought it would happen so easily. I encourage you to take a listen to it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11436578
http://www.ingridmichaelson.com/index.html
1 comment:
Post a Comment