Avenue Q is the soundtrack to the quintessential pseudo-cynical American life. With Sesame Street-like, sing-along worthy songs such as "What Do You Do With a B.A. in English/It Sucks to Be Me" and "The Internet is for Porn", it's hard not get addicted to these goofy (and yet somehow deeply insightful) ditties.
The musical itself it terrifically hysterical and irreverent; the music translates well enough to stand on its own even if you haven't had the pleasure of sitting in the audience and gawking at the ridiculous puppets/human interaction.
After all, how can you not sing along with lyrics like this? "I'm kinda pretty, and pretty damn smart / I like romantic things like music and art / And as you know, I have a gigantic heart /So why don't I have a boyfriend? / Fuck! It sucks to be me!"
Pick up the album and prepare to laugh. After all, as the soundtrack so eloquently reports, we've all got a bit of schadenfreude and can use a smile at the expense of those less fortunate...
1 comment:
"I'm kinda pretty, and pretty damn smart / I like romantic things like music and art / And as you know, I have a gigantic heart /So why don't I have a boyfriend? / Fuck! It sucks to be me!"
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....its as if they made lyrics out of stuff I've said...I must see this.....
Post a Comment