Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A new must: pistachios!!!

A friend in my class tonight had a big bag of pistachios with him and offered them around to others. I haven't had pistachios in years, and I forgot two things: 1. They're delicious. 2. They're addictive. I plan on buying a big bag of pistachios to keep myself awake during long classes, and to give my fingers something to do at home when I get one of those nicotine cravings.

Plus, they're good for you. From http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_100/100b_eating_well.html:

Pistachios

The pistachio nut is a member of the cashew family, and like most nuts, pistachios are cholesterol free. Furthermore, pistachios, besides making a delicious ice cream flavor, are packed with nutrients: a one-ounce serving of pistachios (about 45 nuts) contains over 10% of the daily requirements of dietary fiber, magnesium, copper, phosphorous, and B vitamins.

Health Benefits:
Pistachios are cholesterol-free and high in monounsaturated fat, The fat in pistachios contains no cholesterol or monounsaturated fat, which means that they, along with other nuts, will help protect you from heart attacks. The copper, magnesium, and B vitamins in pistachios all strengthen your immune system, making your body fit.

1 comment:

j e s s a said...

Except at my house, we call them "pismashios". Just so you know.